Friday, September 9, 2011

Bicol Here We Come

We finally gave in to my lola's request to visit our hometown in Bicol again.   Later today, we are leaving for a long drive going to Paracale.  

Seems to me like when you're as  old as my Lola, a strong 84,  you get all the authority you want in the family. Imagine how my Lola's request mobilized my two of my Uncles and me to allow her to travel to Bicol. I can feel how Rey would like to refuse for me to go with them, especially when I decided not to bring Gab along for two reasons (one, he get see sick when he travels far, and two, I am needed to assist my Lola since she can't walk anymore), but he just can't because of the demand of my Lola.

This is the first time I will be far from Gab since he was born, I hope it will be easy for him and his nanny when Rey is away at work.  The vehicle that we will use is actually scheduled  for repair and anytime it should be taken to the shop but we still push thru.  The wreck I did on the car since almost a month ago will be another story I have to post for you.

My uncle will drive for us.  How I wish I am really good already in driving so I can atleast substitute him when he gets tired.  But since I am not and I don't want to get my Lola to panic just because its me whose driving, I will just be a happy passenger.  Hope I can think of lots of stories and questions to ask my Uncle to keep him awake for a drive that is around seven hours or more.   Good thing, Philippines is a tropical country so we will not  need rud tire chains along the road.  I will make sure we have enough goodies to keep up awake along the road.

I will surely give you few glimpses on our photos from Bicol.

No comments: