Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Safety First

Safety measures at home are not something that we take for granted. My husband Rey is a Safety Supervisor in his office and I work for an oil company that is very conscious when it comes to safety measures. Not to mentioned that we have a year and half kid whose curiosity level is bigger than his parents.


Here are some examples of safety measures we have that I think is worth sharing:



-sharp objects are always kept in higher place to prevent Gab from seeing it and asking to play with it
-screen door is always hooked, my boy loves to push doors
-we only use foam instead of a bed, Gab rotates like a clock when asleep
-safety gloves are my nanny’s best friend. Can you imagine her using a safety gloves when ironing the clothes?
-LPG tank is tightly closed when not in use.
-electric outlets are covered with cabinets or behind the sofas
-center tables or side tables were put away to avoid temptation for my little climber
-emergency phone numbers are displayed and easy to be found in case of emergency
-emergency money is available, at least enough to for a tricycle fare to rush to the nearest hospital or to our nearest relative
-we use wall fans instead of desk fans, these are also great space savers

All these safety measures worked for me very well. As my child gets older, he discovers lots of things every day. We just make sure that we are watching him all the time, even when asleep to prevent any untoward incidents.

1 comment:

Quirky Classic said...

HSSE :D but I must admit that even if the HSSE is OA at times, it's still a good guideline for us :D Safety First indeed! :)