Sunday, January 16, 2011

how well are you in spelling

Have you asked yourself of this question? How well are you in spelling?  I think this question should not only be asked by students but also those who are no longer studying.  Believe it or not, this is one problem that hits us from time to time.  I myself is guilty, even if I I know the word very well, I am still guilty of mispelling that word and in worst cases, I will never realize that I have spelled that word incorrectly.

Using a cellphone thru texting, affects our spelling seriously, because with text messaging, its enough not to include vowels as long as the consonants would be able to carry the word you want to say.  I am guilty of this.  And this is my culprit for not being able to spell words correctly, TXTNG.  See that!

I have listed  words that give me scare in spelling.

cincinnati
massachusetts
mississippi
mesothelioma
diarrhoea
subpoena

Thank you so much for the help of microsoft word, for being a saver everytime I am helpless with spelling.

1 comment:

Johanna Stirling said...

To spell 'diarrhoea', remember this mnemonic: Dash In A Real Rush, Hurry Or Else Accident!

Johanna
The Spelling Blog