Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yahoo! Account Service

Is the copy of an email below familiar to you?  I happen to receive this 3 times already on my yahoo account.  Its warning me that my Yahoo account will be deleted if I do not respond to the email with some important details from me such  my user ID, password, birthday etc.....oh, before I even forget they are threatening that If i don't supply the information they need from me, my Yahoo account will deleted and can never be restored.  Scary, huh!

What's weird is, the email came from "Database@att.net" and I can't even associate if from Yahoo!.  So guys, if you get something like this, think twice.  Important information such as user id and password should not be given to a stranger for your security, would you give yours just to anybody and would you reply it to any unsolicited email sent to you????



Dear,

We are sorry to inform you that we are currently working on securing our



server, during this process accounts which are not manually verified by us


will be deleted, Please confirm and submit your information for manual


verification.






Information which is to be provided is below:


User Name:






User Id:






Password:






Date Of Birth:






Occupation:






Country At Sign up:






Upon confirmation of information from you, we will manually verify your


Yahoo! Account and reserve it from being deleted, we are sorry for any


inconveniences this might have caused providing your information over the


email.






Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two


weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.






Thanks






Yahoo

1 comment:

Moumita said...

i have this exact emai.i think its a scam...attempt to steal data.please do not provide any info...