Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cigars, No Thanks!

I am lucky I did not liked cigars even I was exposed to it at a very young age.   I remember I have mentioned it already that I was raised by my dear grandmother.  It was just my grandmother and me in the province because all of her siblings were already in Manila to make a living.  

My grandmother and I do gold panning, its just the small time, it only  makes us tired and to have almost enought food in the table but not rich.  We do it by the river and since I was just a small kid my grandmother wont let me stay in the water, I was just there watching her and when she needs a cigar, she will let me light one, back then prefers the "La Campana" brand.  Something that is just available in our province, I did not see any of that here in the city. Those were the days, when I was already attending school, my Aunts and Uncles persuaded my grandmother to stay in Manila, that means the two of us will have to travel from Bicol to Manila and stay for good. 

here is my dearest lola, photo was taken in our house in Bicol, she is  84 years old and still very strong
During my third grade in elementary, my grandmother had a bad cough, I don't know if it was what we call TB but she needs to go the doctor almost everyday for a shot of medicine,  I just can't remember how long that was.  If there is one thing I really want to be proud about my grandmother and her smoking, its that she was able STOP it right there and then when her doctor told her to stop.

No comments: