Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seasonal Full-Time Mom

It,s Gab’s 8th month on 29th December.  We are celebrating this during my "full-time-mom season". Like what we usually do every month for him, we prepare food for his birthdate, which is every 29th of each month. According to my husband’s family, this is done to avoid sickness for the baby during his first year. For me, I do it to celebrate my baby’s birth date every month and in belief of what they say as well. I think most families do this nowadays, so I do not really question it. Though I know I never had this during my time as a baby, I think this is not yet followed then.

I can’t explain how satisfying it is to take care of my son while our nanny is on her vacation. I’ve been a full-time mom since Ate Ester went home to her family on 27th December. She wants to spend the New Year with her 5 kids and husband since she had her Christmas with us. She will be back this January, so I will be a happy full-time mom until she comes back.

My son is now so “malikot” but I never got tired of taking care of him. I love watching him smile and giggles when he is playing I also love watching him asleep, most of the time, he is also smiling when he’s asleep. It’s what they say as ‘he’s playing with his angels’. I still find time to do laundry and cleaning his bottles even if he is awake. I just place him on his walker and he roams around the kitchen when I am working in the sink. That’s of course with all the barricade I can have for the places he’s not supposed to reach. He’s about to wake up now, so I’ll sign off for the mean time.


look at that little big by clapping his hands while Papa is taking our picture.
here are most of his pictures http://vancalapano.multiply.com/
Thanks for Goldilocks cake you took home Papa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good day mrs. vanessa..I'm Eymard, I saw your comment in macuha.com. And get interested to visit your blog because I also started blogging when I read the ebook. Your blog doesn't have a blogroll or something to put a link love. I would like to exchange links with you. Kahirap mag english. (hehee)=) If you have problems with SEO or with your blog. Feel free to contact me. This is my blog: siojo.blogspot.com . I will give you sites that will help you maximize your blog. Contact me as soon as you read my comment.