Sunday, May 9, 2010

my voting experience

That very recent post i just had few minutes ago was posted by my friend blogger I am Jammed in December of last year. It was a nice entry to help us think as early as December who should win our only vote.

Sad to admit, I am not a registered voter, not ever in my entire life i experienced voting, except during my high school and college days when i need to vote for class officers or Student Council.

It a mixed of emotions being a non-registered voter.  Yes, this one vote of mine could make a lot of change, i definitely aggree with that.  Though I am still thankful I am not a registered voter because I never give a chance to corrupt officials to abuse my only one vote when i am able to, hello flying and ghost voters. 

Reason why, you maybe full of why's now, hehe.  Here your go, I never had a permanent home, that's ever since high school days, so I wouldn't know where I should register.  I used to stay in Bicol and Tondo, during my highschool days.  In college, I lived with my Aunt in Tondo, but everytime voter's registration is open, I am in Bicol and every time is election day I am in Manila. After my college days, I stayed in Cavite, Muntinlupa and Tondo, I go where ever I feeling like going provided I have relatives in the place who will accomodate me.

During my married years, I lived in  Antipolo, that's for more or less two years, but now, we just recently moved here in Cavite. Had I registered in Antipolo before, it will so far for me to cast my vote, imagine travelling all the way from Cavite to Antipolo and after that going to work in Makati.  Yes! I have work on election day, our office caters to UK Customers and its not their holiday, therefore we have work, work, work....

By the way, you ever thought I would settle in Antipolo and register myself there, I have not.  Because the house me and husband bought was in Laguna, and we have plans of moving there in the future....that's when we have na our own car haha, dream on!!!

You may find me an irresponsible citizen, you may say and think whatever you feel like, leave a post here or send me an email.  I will really appreciate your criticisms and I am open for that. I am just hopeful that the time will come where we can cast our votes anywhere we are so i can have myself registered as a voter.....

2 comments:

Anything Under the Sun said...

i need your comments on this please!!!

Jessa said...

Hello. Don't worry about you not being able to vote for the elections, my three siblings were also not able to vote because of their jobs.
Sana when you settle in Laguna, that's the time that you could register and vote. :)) Good Luck!