Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Friday the 13th

"Any month's 13th day will fall on a Friday if the month starts on a Sunday.", that's according to Wikipedia.  I didn't know that before until I read this from wikipedia and I looked at my calendar and saw its true.

I am not the type of person who would really be affected that much when its a Friday the 13th.  Its basically part of the history that was incorporated to religion.  And if we are going back most religion, practices were also based on what happened historically.  Well, that's my opinion.  Everyone is entitled to it.  And it can change anytime depending on our perspective.

Now, I don't know anymore, if I should be affected by Friday the 13th since something happened very bad, I mean really really bad this last Friday the 13th.  13th August 2010.

My friends, close and not so close friends, knows that I have someone very special to me. She is my baby. My love.  My bestfriend and my enemy at times. She is Yuna.  She's been with me since 2007.  My son Gab knows Yuna very well even when Gab was still in my womb.

We were new in our village, its an old one but beautiful subdivision in Cavite.  The place is quiet and peaceful by the look of it, you won't see "tambays" in the subdivision and in front of us is an exclusive school for boy and girls.  But since its an old one, its the kind that is not enclosed with secured gates and fences. According to our neighbors, other tenants in the apartment were victimized by bulglary. Even the automobile of one of our neighbor lost a pair of tire one night. We are in the middle unit of the 6-door-apartment.  Our unit has provision of for an AC unit that is enclosed with grills. And since we don't have an AC unit its left open but its covered with a black trash liner.  On this aircon unit grill is where I tie the Yuna's chain every day so she can guard our house.  She is a good dog, she is really noisy when someone she does not know get near our house.  But something bad happened to my Yuna on a Friday the 13th. We believe she was poisoned.  She is not sick and very much alive and healthy  before that. She was still alive when Rey arrived at 9.30pm last Friday.  She was still barking when Gab and Rey were playing in the living room until about 10pm.  And when they were supposed to feed her that evening, she's already dead.

By the way, we do not leave Yuna alone all night outside of the house.  We bring her in when we are about to sleep and  she will be placed outside again when Gab wakes up in the morning.






I just can't imagine why there are people who could hurt helpless animals just to satisfy themselves or do something bad.   I hope I will find evidence telling me that Yuna+ died not being hurt by anyone and I will be happy for her.  We burried her in my Uncle's place in Camella.

Now, when I tell Gab to look for Yuna, he will peek from our screened main door to look for Yuna where she is chained.  But no Yuna will wag her tails or beg for pieces of bread from Gab.

The only pet that we have for now is Muning.  She is our precious pusang kalye.

No comments: