Thursday, February 4, 2010

Carol

Now heres a substantial entry after that boredom killing post I made just a few hours ago.

After Ester's immediate trip to our hometown in Bicol, I got one of my cousin's daughter at home, Carol. I was lucky enough because her mother allowed her to stay with us to look after Gab when I am not at home.   I almost felt it was the end my job when I was not able to get a nanny over the weekend to cover Ester for Gab.  There were few instances I was telling Rey that I will leave my job if we don't have anyone to look after Gab when we are at work.

Now, I feel blessed again because it's going to be Carol who will look after Gab, shes one of my cousin's daughter so its still family, not somebody else we do not know  and from some place not known to us.

It took several days before Gab gets comfortable with Carol. Most of the time, he will cry and let us get him from Carol whenever he will see me or Rey.  Last Monday, we were like crazy hiding away from him  all day. Carol will take him to the room and we will hide from him at the tarrace. Or Rey will bring his laptop downstairs and never come up in the room so that Gab will not see him.  Even when he hear our voices he will look around hoping to see us.  It was a crazy day and I missed him so much even if we were all at home.  I would wait when he gets to sleep and thats when I will lay beside him, hug him and kiss him.

But now, Gab and Carol gets along well.  He does not cry anymore even when he see us around the house  and he is with Carol.  Thank God we have Carol.

No comments: