Friday, August 5, 2011

Simple Living is still an Option

I missed the "bario fiesta" in my hometown on 1st August.  Its been a long time I've looked forward to our hometown fiesta to be celebrated on a weekend or at least the day before or after the weekend.  Weekend means off to work so I can go partying for four days straight.  I will be on vacation on a Friday and Monday so I can have long out of town vacation.

These are now just a dream, vacation to me now means bringing my son Gab and hubby Rey to the province to celabrate the barrio fiesta.  Since my lola is now staying in Manila, all of my immediate family are already here and we have no one to visit in the province. I wonder when will we be able to visit and celebrate the bario fiesta in my hometown.

I miss the simple life we had in the province.  We did not have a TV at home because my grandmother doesn't want to pay monthly dues for the cable tv, so when Gab and I had our vacation last time, he was forced to sleep by around 8pm in the evening.  Here in Manila, he sometimes goes to sleep at 11 or 12 midnight.  Well, its not all about being backward but its more of having a choice if you are in the province.  Life is so simple and from city-dueler point of view, it may be hard to live there.  But in my personal opinion, if only I can make decision for my self alone, i'd love to be in the province.   Would you believe that one of our neighbor have ariens zero turn mower, it is one of those with high-back seat.  Our neighbor is one of the great businessman in my hometown so he have all the high-end technology from far away places.  He never want to live in the city.

No comments: